Monday, April 13, 2009

Tonight

I'm laying here tonight praying for sleep. But sleep won't come. I am missing the comfort of arms around me making me feel secure. Wishing for the faint feeling of steady breath rising and falling. Or the whisper of fingers on my face.The man in my dreams is laying with me in this bed at night. Our bodies entwined in sweet slumber. My hand resting on his chest feeling his heartbeat. My head craddled on his shoulder. His body keeping me warm all thru the night. I watch him so serene in his sleep. But tonight I am alone in this bed and dreams won't come.
There is no one here to pull me close and hold me.
So I lay awake and wonder how many nights will I lay here in this cold bed. With nothing to comfort me but my constant wish for someone to share my dream with.

2 comments:

Sarah Alway said...

Hello, new reader from 20SB! You are a really great writer; this is really beautiful!

To make you feel a little better... the other night my boyfriend was awake, tossing, turning, and coughing from 3am to 7am and I would have given ANYTHING to be alone in bed! So you might be lucky. ;-)

Trixie said...

This is a great post. I was thinking the same thing last night, but not nearly as poetic.